Before we start designing our bedroom interior, we should understand first what the function of a bedroom is. A bedroom serves to provide us a place to take a rest and to relax our tired muscles. That is why a bedroom needs to be designed more thoroughly than other rooms inside our house.
A minimalist bedroom interior needs a special treatment in order to create a comfortable and quiet atmosphere. There are several things we need to consider in designing and arranging a minimalist bedroom interior design, which are:
- It is not recommended to build partitions or dividers inside a bedroom because it may cause a cramped and stuffy atmosphere. For instance, adding a divider for a dressing room is not recommended for a minimalist bedroom.
- The right minimalist bedroom interior is the one which is not excessive; fit and flexible. Therefore, the accessories and furniture for this bedroom should be in a clean color such as white and beige, with a firm shape, without any lace or variation.
- If you want to hand any painting on the bedroom wall, choose a painting with a simple frame, color, and composition. The selected painting should also be those which can create a spacious room such as a picture of landscape and seascape.
- The use of a carpet in a minimalist bedroom is allowed, yet it is suggested choosing a carpet with a solid color without any motif to create a spacious impression.
- Choose a bed with a simple design and also adjust it to the bedroom size. Don’t use a too wide bed which takes up to much space in your bedroom.
- A minimalist bedroom interior usually applies calming colors for the wall paints. Thus, if you want to install wallpaper there, adjust it to the color of the bedroom wall as well as the furniture.
- It would be great to apply wooden flooring in your minimalist bedroom because it can bring a comfortable and warm atmosphere.
- When choosing the curtains, you should also consider the bed sheet you use in order to create a harmonious atmosphere into your bedroom. It is also intended to avoid a cramped and crowded impression. Curtains with dark colors normally used for blocking the sunlight. Add a thin layer of bright color on your dark curtains to neutralize the dark color which tends to give the impression of cramped.
- Place a mirror on the wall or closet door to create the impression of spacious and airy. Reflections of the room in the mirror ill make you feel as if you were in a large room.
- It is better not to add a bathroom in a minimalist bedroom. Let the bathroom separated from the bedroom since if you add it, the available space in the bedroom is getting smaller.
- Lighting in the bedroom should also be considered in order to keep the spacious impression. Usually a minimalist bedroom applies a white glowing light. But if you want to add a decorative lamp, choose the one that is not too big. You can use yellow or other soft colors for the lights to give the impression of luxury and futuristic in your bedroom.
Image credit: homeae.com