Do you know that your garage door is a quite important part in your home? This room is used to store your valuable things, your vehicles, such as motorcycle and car more safely. A well designed garage would provide a safe room for your vehicles.
Like other parts of your home, the garage also requires maintenance in order to make it clean and more durable, especially at the door. Garage door can get damaged more quickly since it is frequently opened and closed.
In order for the garage door to not get damaged easily and to make it more durable, you need to consider a few things. You yourself can also take care of your garage door in just thirty minutes. With this short time you will make your garage door work well in along period.
The following are six garage door maintenance tips to keep it clean and durable:
- Take your time to check and clean the garage door regularly. If possible, clean in every day. It will help you in maintaining and caring for the garage door so that it can still function well and be more durable.
- Clean every detail of your garage door. Check whether there is dust or dirt on the hinges or roll, depending on the door type. You can also provide lubrication to make the door work smoothly.
- In addition, you can use a damp cloth to clean the garage door. If the door paint starts to peel or fade, you can repaint the door thinly so that it will look like new.
- When the garage door is closed, you can check the hinges and screws at the door. And if there is slack, immediately repair.
- However, if your garage door is badly damaged, it’s good if you replace it with the new one.
- Make sure that your garage door can function properly and smoothly as usual when being opened/closed.
Image credit: laportegaragedoorrepair.com