You might find some difficulties for your first home interior design project due to so many programs to do. Our post today will help you find the easiest path to a successful interior design project. Here are a few principles which will help you:
- A good interior design tip is to always think about what you will use for the space. For example, if you are designing a child’s room, you might consider bright and vibrant colors to inspire creativity or to match the personality of the child. It will be different when you want to design a study room, a home office, or a home library.
- When you are designing a home office, make sure your design is functional. Lighting is very important for the study, along with comfortable chairs and desks to work. Prioritize to create a space that supports your work productivity, and this could include making an attractive and comfortable space.
- The mixing of texture and pattern can add a visual interest to a room. Patterns and textures can function as a dominant accent, especially on smooth surfaces such as glass or wood. Modern contemporary patterns and textures add a sense of modern elegance to any type of space.
- If you are trying to save budgets when designing an interior space, it is a good idea to try purchasing the items needed in stores which sell them way cheaper.
- Use multi-purpose furniture when you decorate a small room. For example, since there is generally a sofa in the living room, then you should choose a sofa bed type. In the daytime, the sofa bed can be used to sit, and at night it can be used as a bed for guests to sleep. Looking for items with two or more functions can help you maximize the interior and make it feel more spacious and functional.
- Understand the principles of the artwork hanging on the walls. Hang a piece of art with a too high or too low position will disrupt the balance of space and can even make a room look smaller and more well-organized. According to the professional interior design, to determine the height level is to use your instincts. Your instincts will guide you to determine the design that fits your personality. If you feel at a certain position of the artwork look good, people will probably do the same. So there is no specific formula for determining its position.
We can learn from this article that despite our interior design project has the potential to be complex and complicated, it will be simple and easy if we have the resources and the right information about it. What you should do next is to think about how you will apply what you have learned for your design project. Good luck.
Image credit: dixib.com