The house is basically a shelter that is essential for the life of every person. The house functions not only as a place to unwind after working all day, but it contains an important meaning as a place to build a healthy and prosperous family life. A healthy home does not have to be luxury and large. A simple home can also be a healthy and comfortable home.
A healthy home is the one which is free from dust, mold, and other germs that can harm your health. To create a healthy home, you will need to consider several aspects.
- Choose a pillowcase using zippers. It is useful to deter dust and mites get into your pillow.
- Use a vacuum cleaner that uses filters. This filter is useful for preventing dust particles sucked up by the vacuum cleaner back into the air.
- Do not forget to install the filters on the air conditioner. Never buy a heater or air conditioner which is not equipped with filters. And be sure to clean the filter regularly.
- Install adequate vent in the bathroom. The bathroom should not be damp. If the bathroom is already built without adequate vent, you can use an exhaust fan that can freshen the air in the bathroom.
- Check the guttering on a regular basis. Gutters will leak if you let trash like leaves and twigs piled. Checking guttering regularly is a must, not only in the fall season, but throughout the year.
- Don’t put too many blankets on the bed. Too many carpets, pillows or blankets in the room will make your room full of dust. It is recommended to use only as needed to minimize dust from entering into your room.
- Do not invite home allergens. If you have certain allergies, avoid bringing allergens into your home, e.g. dust.
- Be sensitive to a strange smell. The sooner you find out the source of the smell, the easier you clean the smell source.
Those are eight important tips to create a healthy home. Keep in mind that a comfortable home to live in is not the one which concerns only on the aesthetics, but also on the cleanliness and health.
Image credit: tapja.com