Every family dreams a spacious, clean, and neat kitchen along with the complete kitchen equipment. However, what if you are living in a tiny house? Does the limited space become an obstacle to have a dream kitchen? Of course not. We can have a dream kitchen in a small house just by making a functional kitchen interior design.
There are some helpful tips for you who want to have a comfortable, safe, and clean kitchen design.
- Give adequate windows and ventilation for the kitchen so that it will be bright and the air can freely enter the kitchen. This is useful in case of gas leaks as well.
- To save space, you can install a hung kitchen cabinet. Choose a kitchen cabinet which has a matching color with the kitchen appliances to create a harmonious look.
- The kitchen doesn’t have to be inside the house. Your back porch could also be used as a kitchen location, an open space kitchen, if your house is too narrow. The advantage you may get is that you can cook more freely. In addition, the open space would be more secure when there is a gas leak.
- If your kitchen is located inside the house, it is better to install a cooker hood to avoid a stuffy and airless kitchen atmosphere.
- Choose kitchen appliances that fit the size of your kitchen. For a small kitchen, kitchen equipment such as bins, chairs, toasters and other modern minimalist kitchen appliance design could be a great option.
- To stay neat, you can buy a plastic box or plastic container store your foodstuffs, spices, instant food, pastries, and other goods that are not stored in the kitchen cabinets.
- Do not put too much stuff in your kitchen because it may affect the circulation or moving through space in the kitchen.
- Pay attention to your kitchen safety, especially for children. Keep sharp objects such as knives and grater in a cabinet or drawer. Avoid things such as tables with sharp edges and slip floor tiles. Also, keep the wall socket away from the reach of your children.
Creating a dream kitchen may only take a few days. Yet, taking care for your kitchen needs to be done every day and it needs a long-term consistency. This is what we are supposed to do with our kitchen, to keep it comfortable, clean, and healthy.
Image credit: trade-guys.co.nz