Just like floor and ceiling, wall is also an important interior element which greatly influences the formation of the rooms in the house. Walls finishing which considers the harmonization of color, pattern, and texture can bring beauty and comfort into any room in your home. Wall finishing can be done in various ways such as painting and wallpaper installation, or a combination of both.
Interior wall paint
There are a variety of shades and textures that can be obtained from wall painting. For interior wall paintings there are various types of paint for different end results:
- Matte finish. This paint is used if you want a smooth, seamless, and not shiny final result. This type of paint is also excellent for covering walls with a slightly rough surface because the material does not reflect light. It is also easily removed by water so it is not suitable for interior which is exposed to water frequently.
- Matte enamel. This type of paint gives the same end result as the matte finish. Yet, the enamel content makes it stronger so that it can be cleaned more frequently.
- Eggshell finish. This type of paint gives the final result like shell eggs. It produces a soft surface with very little sparkle.
- Satin finish. Satin finish is very ideal to be applied on bathrooms, kitchens, or kids’ rooms wall because this type of paint is resistant to water and dirt, thus easy to clean. It provides a very smooth and soft result, and is slightly like velvet.
- Semi gloss. Semi- gloss paint is suitable for use on door frames, doors, and windows because it produces slightly shiny surface that is easy to clean, slightly prominent but not glittery.
If you are interested in patterned and textured walls, the wallpaper is probably the right choice of wall coverings. Wallpaper is available in a wide selection of colors, patterns, and textures. Usually the wallpaper pattern is divided into various themes such as flowers, classic, country, or the theme of children.
Wallpaper can be used to cover the walls in whole or only on some parts. It can also be used as an accent on a wall that has been painted. In choosing the style, be sure to consider the floor and ceiling style. Make your interior look harmonious.
Before installing the wallpaper, you need to clean the surface of the wall of dust and dirt. Besides, you also need to clean the walls from the former paint. For the layer, you have to make sure first if the walls are already in a completely dry state. The wallpaper glue should also be evenly distributed on the wall surface. If not, the wallpaper will not be neat and bulging. If you want to replace the old wallpaper with the new one, you must first remove the old wallpaper.
Wallpaper is easy to maintain. For the vinyl wallpaper you only need to clean it using a damp cloth, and you can use a brush for any stubborn stains. For the one made of paper, you can clean it using a dry cloth or vacuum cleaner.
In addition to the most common methods such as painting and wallpaper, the walls can be covered with carpet, wood, cloth, and a wide selection of other materials. Whatever the color, pattern, and texture you desire, make sure you choose a wall covering material that is in accordance with the design and function of the space, as well as the availability of your time and patience in cleaning and maintaining. Thus, the beauty of your room does not become a burden.
Image credit: veivoo.com