A limited space should not be an obstacle to create a comfortable home design. There are many things we can do to deal with this. Well, here we share some tips to design and decorate a small interior into a spacious and comfortable interior.
- Colors. For a small home interior, it is better not to give a dark color, but the bright one. A dark color will give the impression of a cramped interior. In addition, a dark paint color will give you a gradation of light and dark which eventually just makes the room look narrower.
- Furniture. It is suggested choosing multifunctional furniture so that you can use a piece of furniture for some different purposes. Also, buy furniture without a lot of ornaments and carvings, because those patterns may create an impression of a crowded space. It would be much better to choose furniture made from sleek stainless steel since it can give the impression of a bright and airy room.
- Walls. In order to create an impression of light structure, choose gypsum as the wall materials•
- Room dividers. It is recommended to room dividers which are made from bamboo or wood, and avoid using massive dividers. When the room dividers are no longer in used, you can simply fold them or put them in the warehouse. In that way, you will not make the interior feel smaller.
- Mirrors. Add mirrors to your interior since a mirror is able to make an illusion of wider space through the reflection it makes.
Overall, every house must have its advantages and disadvantages. The advantages of a small is that it is easy to maintain and clean, and relatively more affordable in terms of the price. While the disadvantage is that you cannot have big and larger rooms in this house. You will need the ability to optimize the limited space to have a minimalist home interior which is functional and comfortable.
Image credit: oorban.com