Do you find a lot of problems about your health, career, and family life? If you do, that is probably because of the Feng Shui of your house. Well, perhaps you don’t want to take it for granted. However, if you want to get to know deeper about Feng Shui, here we provide some considerations in designing and decorating a house based on the principles of Feng Shui. Basically, Feng Shui is about a flow – the flow of positive and creative energy through the room and the flow of negative energy out of the room. In other words, Feng Shui tries to avoid trapped negative energy in a certain room and make sure that the positive energy keeps staying in that room. Is it confusing? Absolutely not.
Feng Shui is related to the shapes of square or rectangle. In the application, a dining table at the corner of the room (breakfast nook) or a bed at the corner (sleeping alcove) is said to lose the balance and harmony in the room. An expert on Feng Shui can explain a lot of things such as about nine areas inside the house which is started from the entrance door. For instance, the expert can help you planning to make your home office in the area of wealth. Or, if you are going to start a culinary business, the expert will show you whether your kitchen is in the area of “career” or not.
Feng Shui also talks about the placement of decorative elements. For example, a statue or painting themed love will probably good to decorate the area of “love/marriage”, which is usually located in the back area or the right side of the entrance door. Perhaps you want to put every item that is suggested by Feng Shui in the appropriate place. For instance, you will put a jar of coins in the “wealth” area and a collection of encyclopedias in the “knowledge/wisdom” area.
Sometimes the explanation from a Feng Shui expert in symbolizing the energy flowing inside the house is not easy to understand literally. For example, red is a color which is full of energy and positive. Glasses and mirrors can reflect and deflect the energy out. We need to think about it very hard, somehow.
The following are some important guides in decorating your house based on the Principle of Feng Shui.
- In the bedroom, place objects in pairs to represent that you want to have an everlasting marriage. Don’t place objects in three because it will say that there is something else between you and your partner. If you and your partner usually fight a lot, get rid of any mirror in your room or find something to cover it. Mirror is said to double negative energy.
- Red represents power, warmth, and energy. Yet, too much red color will make the room and the things occurring in that room not quiet.
- If you are single, don’t let your bedroom be against the wall. The bedroom should be accessible from both sides.
- If you have a lot of health problems, check the left side area of your entrance door. Find whether there is a dirty and cluttered cupboard or garbage. Perhaps cleaning this area and reorganizing it can improve your health.
- Your toiled should be closed when not in use so that your money will not go to the disposal.
- Too much furniture, decoration, and cluttered things is not good for the house because it can disrupt the flow of the energy and block the flow of opportunity in life, love, and career.
- Make the area in front of the front door clean and harmonious because that is the centre of career. And, generally you need the energy to enter the house conveniently.
- It is suggested that the color in the career area is black or blue. Black or blue color on the floor or carpet in front of the entrance door is said to smooth the flow of opportunity in entering the house.
For some people Feng Shui might considered to be unusual and strange. Yet, perhaps you agree that there are many things from Feng Shui that can be accepted by our common sense. Paying attention to the balance, harmony, perspective, and simplicity as the keywords in our life in decorating the house is probably a good thing to do. So, why not try Feng Shui?
image credit: shanghai.talkmagazines.cn