- Make a focal point on the home entrance either in the form of artworks or some vases of flowers that you like so that you will feel relaxed when seeing them.
- Tidy up your magazines and newspaper. Used magazine and newspaper are often piled up next to the entrance which looks a bit messy. It can create a bad mood for you. Thus, prepare a place to keep the magazines and newspaper so that everything will look clean and neat. Put the magazine and newspaper container next to the home entrance.
- Make your interior way more spacious. There are often too many things placed in a small space so that the space will feel cramped. To make the space feel wider and more spacious, remove any unused things which are not necessary. Use tables or book shelves with a similar color and repaint the wall in bright color such as white. This will make a small room feel more spacious.
- Rearrange your interior furniture so that you can move more freely there. Leave gaps among the furniture so that you will feel comfortable walking around it.
- Use simple colors on the house. If you want to combine several colors, keep using similar colors. If the color of each room is too much contrast, it will not let you feel relaxed. Applying a simple home design and simple colors will be more calming.
- Put some ornamental plants on the family room or living room. Plants can make the room look more fresh and natural.
- Use soothing colors in the bedroom. Blue, green and neutral colors will give the feel of a relaxed and reminiscent of nature. Also use soothing colors in your bedroom accessories such as pillows, blankets and many more.
Those are tips you can apply to create a calming, soothing, and relaxing interior design, which eventually will reduce your stress. So, improve your home for your good mood.
Image credit: fullhomeidea.com