You can calculate the total cost of a house painting by yourself as along as you know the fundamental requirement in the painting process.
Firstly, if you are going to paint the house you should measure the area you would paint. This is to determine the amount of paint you need. Here’s how:
- Measure the length and height of each wall surface to be painted to know the size of the entire surface of the wall.
- If there are windows or doors in the wall, you need to measure their size as well. Then, subtract the entire wall size with the windows’ and or doors’ size.
- There is usually information on the paint package / can about the amount of paint as well as its use.
- By knowing this information, you will be able to predict how many cans of paint you will need to paint your house.
Secondly, you can calculate the cost for the purchase of paint. You need to consider not only the cost of purchasing paint, but also the cost of the tools used such as brush and paint roller as well as the painters.
- Buy a brush and roller that has good quality. The brush / roller should absorb less paint so that the recommended use of paint based on the existing rules on packaging can be maximum.
- If you use different paint colors, it would be helpful to buy two or three rollers and brushes. Do not use the same tools when you paint different colors.
- The cost for a painter is highly varied.
- Make sure you understand the painter payment system, whether it is daily, based on the area of the wall, etc.
- You can also ask for the calculation of the cost of painting from the painters you would hire.
Planning and budgeting before painting is very important to know how much it costs so you can minimize it. You will have all of the advantages without reducing the quality of the results.
Image credit: wisegeek.com