As what its name says, a family room should be a place where all family members gather and spend time together. Given the fact that a family room is very necessary for a family, a lot of people are willing to spend a lot of money to create a comfortable family room as they desire.
If you are of those who want to create such a comfortable family room design, the following tips would be very useful for you.
Small family room
Let’s start from a small family room first. You are always able to decorate your room no matter what sizes it is. Here’s how to create a comfortable small family room:
- Paint one wall of your family room with a vibrant and bright color to avoid the impression of a bleak and empty room.
- Limit the use of furniture in the family room. Too much furniture will make the room look full and stuffy. Choose a sofa with a number of seats according to the number of family members. Do not get a too big or too small sofa.
- Choose a flat-screen TV and use a wall bracket. This is important, because with the limited space you have to think how to save every inch of the existing space. And with a bracket attached to the wall, you do not need an additional table or cabinet for the TV.
- Make sure the room gets enough light and the air flows smoothly. Both are very important for a small room because they will give a free and fresh atmosphere.
- For a fairly large room, you can use a bold wall paint color, like green or blue.
- For the selection of furniture, choose the one that is not too big but still comfortable to use. You can use some extra seating for the relatives who come.
- Use a rug to give a clear seating zone in your family room. This way, you will create a point of interest, or the center of attention of the room, so that everyone will immediately know where they should be for the area.
- To avoid an empty impression, you can add extra decoration such as a flower vase in the corner of the room or even a display cabinet to put a variety of decorative objects and ornaments.
Creating a comfortable and beautiful family room is not necessarily expensive. With the right decorating techniques, anyone can create a family room that they desire with small budget. No need to buy expensive furniture or replace the tile floor with the nicer ones. The most important thing is that everyone should feel comfortable in the room.
Image credit: nallau.com