Modern interior design is a part of this simple philosophy: less is more. Once you understand this rule, making a modern decor certainly is not so difficult. Of course, modern decor has other aspects as well. Modern decor will give results that are efficient, clean, artistic, and design of basic colors. Think of something that is comfortable and clean. Think black, white, and neutral. Think of geometric shapes. After that, draw a picture in your mind about this modern decor. There you might find a passionate and attractive bedroom atmosphere. Don’t you think that this home decor idea is just challenging?
All right then, here are some tips you should do if you want to create a modern bedroom design.
- Eliminate all forms of chaos. Before you begin to design a modern bedroom, you need to remove all the things that make it chaotic and messy. Focus on things that are important. Avoid small pieces. Focus on a few major components such as furniture and some items for accents.
- Measure your room and furniture as well. Make doodles on paper in the form of sketches or diagrams where you will place the furniture. This will be more effective than moving the heavy furniture and it turns out that the arrangement is not satisfying and should be moved to another place.
- Clean the walls of all objects. If your walls are painted a dark color, try to give a touch of white, gray, or another neutral color. You can put a piece of artwork on one wall. But it should be the large one. Do not put any other objects on the wall. Let the artwork be the focal point.
- Look for blankets or pillows which are geometric. Modern style focuses on the impression of clean and straight lines. Add fabric sheets on the bed, preferably a solid color, such as the dramatic black.
- Place the chairs in a modern style. Place them near a window or in a corner your reading s[ace. Put a cushion on it. If you have a low table or nightstand, add a big object on it such as plants or vase of flowers. Place an area rug or carpet on the floor.
- Put reading lights on each side of the bed. Look for light made of metal with black accents. Metal will emphasize the clean impression in modern decor.
So there you go. It is your time to remodel your old bedroom into a stylish modern bedroom design.
Image credit: beinteriordecorator.com