Choosing granite for kitchen countertops, floors, and even the bathroom is a big decision, and it may be difficult. As we know, granite is a material that is quite expensive. Granite is applied to give the impression of a modern and refined look. There are several things to consider before deciding to choose granite for kitchen, sink, or bathroom floor.
- The first thing that should be emphasized is that granite is an expensive material. Make sure you can get the same pattern and color to cover the entire kitchen and bathroom. Granite price could reach tens of dollars or even hundreds of dollars per slab, depending on the type of granite and from what country it is. If you have a room of 100 square meters and the room is rather complex, it becomes increasingly difficult for the store to match the other parts. A more uniform pattern will be cheaper and easier to install.
- Then, the uniformity of granite available is quite difficult to obtain, because not all granite is created equal. In addition, you probably cannot get enough of the granite slab to cover the entire space.
- Also consider the colors and patterns of the granite. Due to the unlimited colors and patterns of the granite, you might want to think twice to choose this material.
- Another thing you should know is that granite measurement, cutting, polishing, and installation should be handled by experts. If you choose the granite handyman services, you should be ready of any fatal error.
- Once the granite is cut, you will spend a great cost, so that you are required to measure carefully. Let the professionals take measurements for you and do all the job unless you have done this before and are sure you know what you are doing.
- Granite needs coating/ sealing before you can put food and other items on it since granite is a porous stone and will stain easily. It needs to be coated about once a year to help preserve durability.
Well, interested to use granite to decorate your home?
Image credit: ottawahomeservicesgroup.com