Having an apartment is an ideal choice for you who are still single or family who do not have kids yet. The reason is, the apartment has a smaller space and is easy in maintenance. There are several choices of types of apartments, one of which is a studio. A studio apartment is the most popular one. It only consists of one big room which is divided into several functions.
Yet, no matter what type of apartment you choose, you should know how to decorate and arrange the furniture in it to make your apartment look nice. The following are some tips to decorate your apartment to make it more beautiful and comfortable:
- Whenever possible, create a spacious room without any divider in your apartment. Combine several public rooms such as living room, dining room, and pantry into one. This will make your apartment seem more spacious and not crowded.
- Your color selection highly determines whether your apartment is beautiful or not. We recommend you to use white and pastel colors because these colors can create the impression of a bright and spacious space. Avoid dark colors as the color of your apartment, such as black, since it will make the atmosphere of the room feel cramped and dark of course. If you still want a darker color, apply it only on one part of the wall or for furniture and room accessories.
- To make room on the apartment look airy, utilize the light settings. Maximize the entry of sunlight through the window during the day so the room will look spacious and bright. For the artificial lighting, you can install the ceiling lights or down lights. These lights are mounted against the ceiling so they are not seen to be hanging down which makes the room look crowded. This type of lights can be set to adjust the conditions and the ongoing activities.
- Another tip commonly recommended by apartment interior designers is to look for a connector between one room and another. For example, use floor with the same motif or material. The use of elements of the same type in several rooms will create an impression of unity and harmony.
- Furniture also has an important role in making your apartment look clean and tidy. In choosing furniture pieces, try to choose the one with a neat and clean shape. Choose furniture with neat edges and materials that do not have a lot of decorative elements.
- Your apartment will look more attractive with the addition of decorative elements. Choose simple room accessories. Paintings can be the right choice as decorative elements that could also serve as a beautiful accent in your apartment. Choose paintings with bright colors to add a festive impression to your apartment.
Image credit: fluxiasi.ro