We know that lighting is one important factor in beautifying a home in addition to colors and shapes. Then, how do we create good lighting? Today we share some important tips to create good lighting as desired.
Things to consider
- Light intensity. It is determined from the needs of lights within a space. The most important lighting in a space is lighting which is suitable for certain jobs and which adds a beauty value. Each of these activities requires a different light intensity. For example, workspaces need brighter lighting, and bedrooms requires a bit dim lighting.
- Light color. It depends on the impression you want to display from an object. For example, the color blue is suitable for a home theater room and yellow suits for a bedroom. It really depends on your tastes.
- Composition. It is about the right arrangement and composition of the use of general lighting, task lighting, and decorative lighting. It takes sensitivity, creativity, and a sense of high art.
Stages in a light arrangement
- Creating the concept of lighting used.
- Determine the placement of the lights and make it in a plan.
- Determine the type of light needed. The intensity is adjusted to the activities carried out in the space.
- Analyze the existing objects in order to determine the appropriate light reflection.
- Find interesting corners of the room for placing the decorative lights which add an aesthetic value.
- Do a trial and improve the lighting design by turning on, moving, and reducing the light or even by adding the lamps to achieve the most satisfying lighting.
- Stay creative and efficient. Make sure that you don’t waste a lot of energy.
Common mistakes in a lighting setting
- The light is too harsh. It is due to two things: mistake in choosing the light and mistake in directing the light so that the reflected light is not as expected.
- Over load power. One switch is designed for at most four lamps. It is intended to prevent too much energy consumption because the unused lamps will also turn on when they are in one switch.
- Inappropriate lamp shade’s size. A lamp with an inappropriate lamp shade may produce a lighting effect which is not as good as expected.
- Wrong placement. The placement of the lights should be well planned so that they can highlight the desired objects.
Image credit: v23.org