When choosing the right wall paint color for your home, you can actually involve your favorite colors. Or, you can also play with several colors to create a beautiful atmosphere outside and inside the house. You should choose the wall paint color for the exterior walls very carefully. Outdoor lighting would give a certain effect on how the paint color looks, and it also reflects the atmosphere inside the house. In addition, the exterior wall paint should also be resistant to weather changes. The exposure to direct sunlight can make the exterior paint color fades. For the interior wall paint color you are free to use any color as long as it is suitable with the atmosphere you want to present in your home. Ideally, the house is decorated according to the tastes of the occupants, so that they can feel comfortable. Choose the color of the wall paint or decorations wisely to strengthen the emotional effect that is in color.
Wall paint has a great influence on the beauty of the house. The house that previously looked gloomy will look more fresh and cheerful in fresh colors. Replacing the new paint on the walls can be done every few years. By repainting the walls of the house with new paint colors you will make the house look more fresh. However, you should be careful in choosing wall paint color since each color has different psychological characters.
Here are some of the psychological effects of color, to assist you in choosing the color to paint the walls of the house:
- Red: Courageous, energetic, aggressive, trigger emotions, and attract attention. Positively, the color red means love, passion, bold, strong, aggressive, independent, freedom, and warm.
- Yellow: Creating a feeling of optimism, self-confidence, self-recognition, intimacy, and more creative. Yellow can also harm us because it conveys the message of feelings of fear, emotional fragility, depression, anxiety, and despair. The appropriate yellow colors use will lift our spirits and make us more confident.
- Green: This color means health, balance, relax, and youthfulness. The negative side of this color is that it gives the impression of a jealous, cunning, boring, and can weaken the mind and physic. In Chinese history, the color green is the color of women.
- Blue: It symbolizes intellect, confidence, calmness, fairness, dedication, a thinker, consistency, and cold. Also, it can lead to a sense of depression and doubt. Dark blue will help to think sharp, clear, and light. Light blue will soothe and help concentrate calmly. Too much blue will cause a feeling of too cold, not familiar, and no emotion or ambition.
- Purple: Giving spiritual effect, luxury, authenticity, and truth. Purple is able to support the activities of meditation and contemplation. Deterioration and poor quality are negative traits of this color.
- White: Pure color, pure, sterile, clean, perfect, honest, modest, kind, and neutral. The white color symbolizes the angel and the medical team. This color can also mean death because it connotes emptiness, ghosts, and the shroud.
- Gray: Wise, mature, selfless, quiet, and well-balanced. The gray color also means slow, old-fashioned, weak, drained of energy, and dirty. Because the color is relatively neutral or balanced, it is used to color a lot of electronic equipment, vehicles, kitchen tools, and home.
Image credit: propertykita.com