Grasses are usually planted to beautify a house. These creeping plants can be grown in the front yard to make your home look green and lush. There are some types of grasses that are commonly used in a garden such as Zoysia japonica, Paspalum, and Bermuda grass. You can find these grasses sold in ornamental plant markets.
Your yard will look more beautiful if it is planted with high quality grasses. By planting them properly, the grasses will grow lushly and attractively. Here are a few steps you need to consider in planting and caring for your lawn:
- If you have hard soil, replace it with the fertile one up to a depth of 20 cm.
- Crumble the fertile soil using a fork or small shovel to make it not hard.
- Spread organic fertilizer on the crumbled soil and leave it for 1-2 days before planting so that the heat effect of the fertilizer has gone.
- Make small holes to plant the grasses. If you want the lawn covered with grasses within 1 month, then the distance between the grasses should be about the size of your finger.
- It is better to plant the grasses in the late afternoon so that it will reduce the evaporation caused by the sun’s heat. Thus, the grasses will not become dry.
- After all grasses have been planted, spread sand to create a flat grass surface.
- At the beginnings, do watering three times a day; in the morning before 7, at the midday, and in the afternoon after 3.
- Grasses should be exposed to direct sunlight because it is important for the photosynthesis process. Those which are not exposed will have stunted growth.
- The biggest enemies of the growth of the grasses are wild grasses or small plants which become weeds. These weeds must be plucked regularly because they may take the food resources of your grasses.
By doing the steps above, you may turn your ordinary yard into something attractive and interesting. Being green is always awesome.
image credit: tallahasseelawnservices.com