Increasing the value of the house or adding a room onto your house is sometimes necessary for various reasons. Adding a room is much more economical than having to buy a new home. You should have some reasons for this, such as:
- The children have started to grow and require a recreation room or game room.
- You want to add the function of the house not only as a residential but also as a place for business or office.
- You want to change the look of the house and adding a functional space.
- You want to increase the property values.
There are two ways of adding rooms on to your home; vertically and horizontally. The addition of a horizontal room is the first option that should be taken when it is not urgent to have a big change. Usually the addition of a horizontal room is aimed at adding comfort. If you have a wide backyard, this project is not impossible to realize.
Nevertheless, in some cases, homeowners need to build a room addition vertically. When there is not enough space at the backyard, yet you really need a new room, this method would be very useful.
Before adding more room, it is important to understand the rules and requirements in the dimensions of room addition. Furthermore, you should allocate adequate budget for the project in order to prevent the project abandoned.
Converting a room could be an option for a cost saving room addition. For example, you can transform a garage into an extra room with a little change here and there. Do not forget to include the plan to replace the floor and wall in the budget plan.
Although some people choose to build a room addition on their own, it would be better to hire professionals to do this. Make sure the job is done correctly, efficiently, and quickly.
Here are several ways you can do to add a room addition on to your home:
- Renovating a less functional space like a warehouse
- Converting or transforming the attic
- Building additional floor
- Converting a garage
- Removing walls
- Installing walls
- Closing the veranda
Image credit: heirloomdesignbuild.com