In building a house, you may only focus on the space you normally use, such as living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and dining room. Have you ever thought to build a laundry room in your home? Laundry room design is often overlooked in comparison to the other rooms. However, a laundry room also has a level of design that is not much different from the design of the interior space of the house.
The following are some tips you should know about a laundry room design.
- An elegant impression may appear on your laundry room design through a selection of ceramics that have motifs or patterns. The ceramics can be used on walls or floors which are exposed to water or wet. It is intended that the walls or floors can be easily cleaned or dried again. On the wall of the laundry room design, you can apply the patterned ceramics only for the half of the wall, and use bright wallpaper for the whole wall.
- Another important thing in the design of the laundry room is the lighting and ventilation systems. The window is one of the best elements in air circulation. Through the window, the air can enter freely so that the laundry room will stay fresh. Through the window, natural lighting can be used instead of the artificial one, so the use of electricity can be minimized. Thus, try installing two or three windows in your laundry room.
- Dirty clothes should not be put in any place. This is because it can cause unpleasant odors and make the laundry room a mess. Covered baskets can be used in the laundry room to keep your dirty clothes so the room looks neat and clean. You also have to provide a basket used for clothing that has been washed.
- Cabinets allow you to store all washing equipment, such as soap, toothbrushes, and so forth. In that way your laundry room looks neat. You can place the cabinet on or near the washing machine. It aims to ease you in taking the equipment for washing.
- Be careful in the placement of a washing machine in the laundry room. Do not place the machine too close to the wall as it will cause damage to the wall and the wall color will quickly fade due to the hot washer. In addition, draining the washing machine in the laundry room should be well considered. Install the hose neatly so the washing machine does not cause a bad odor.
Here are some examples of laundry room designs which may inspire you.
Images credit: Elextrolux