Moving to a new home can be something exciting yet exhausting. Hence, you will need a careful plan for this. Here are several tips on how to move into a new home which will make your life so much easier.
- First you have to decide whether you intend to use the removal company services or not. Consider also if you need transportation services for your goods.
- Make an appointment with the removal company and freight company. Do not forget to ask for the fee in writing fiction. Know the assurance which can be given by the companies if there is any goods’ damage during the moving process.
- Make sure that you move to a new home on a weekday when banks, electricity, water and telephone services are available.
- Make a plan in which the items should be placed in your new home. Inform the planning to the transportation service or removal company that you use. If necessary, ask the clerk of transportation services to see your new home and the storage of your items.
Do not forget your archives
- Trim all important family archive, starting from birth certificates, marriage license, deeds, insurance letters, diplomas and so on. If you plan to move out of town, complete with school diploma transcript of your children.
- Do not forget to tell the post office, bank, insurance, office and your friends about your new address and the date when you start changing the address.
- A few weeks before the move, start consuming foods that don’t last long from the refrigerator. Once finished, clean the refrigerator. In the meantime, start packing items you do not need during the remaining time.
- Begin to sell or deliver the household appliances or plants that you will not take to your new house. Maybe you could do a garage sale at the time.
- Invest the items you would bring. The condition of the furniture and valuables should be checked and recorded before moving.
- Give number on the box in which the goods are already packed. Packing them according to the room will make it easier to unpack when returning. Make a note on how many boxes you use and what the contents of each box.
- Wear a special box for the items you will need immediately after the move, such as toiletries, medicines, towels, pans, scissors, some dishes and glasses and cutlery. Put this special box in your car so that it will be easily reached.
- If you hire a removal services company, give them a clear guide to the location of your new home.
With the careful planning you will have an organized move. So, enjoy moving to a new home!
Image credit: jenniferfieldsrealestate.wordpress.com