Heavy rain often leads to floods, especially in a big city with a high density residential zone. That would be a very annoying moment no one want to experience. Well, today we share tips to overcome floods as follow:
Before a flood:
- Work together with the neighborhood to clean the drains, dig the existing sediment in the drain so that the water runs smoothly.
- Empty up, close, and bury objects that can become mosquito nests.
- Put trash in its place and have it cleaned by the cleaning officer regularly.
- Provide clean water storage containers.
- Fix a leaky roof.
Preventing a flood:
- Dredge the river and waterways that surround you.
- Make water catchment wells around your home.
- Make bio-pore holes.
- Expand and rehabilitate river to increase the capacity to accommodate the flow of water.
- Do not throw garbage in rivers or waterways.
During a flood:
- Evacuate families to a higher place.
- Turn off electrical equipment / power source.
- Secure your valuables and important documents to a safe place.
- Get involved in setting up tents and public kitchens.
- Get involved in aid distribution.
- Set up health posts.
- Use water efficiently.
Dealing with a flood:
- Do not panic.
- Prioritize the safety of yourselves and families, especially children, toddlers, and elderly.
- Secure important files, such as land titles, diplomas, family cards, etc.
- Disconnect and remove all electronic items, turn off the electrical fuse to prevent any electric surge and shock.
- Make a temporary water retaining embankment at the front door of your house from the cement, so that water does not get into the house too much.
After a flood:
- Clean your house and surroundings.
- Eradicate mosquito breeding.
- Get involved in the well purification.
- Get involved in the repair of sewerage.
Well, those are the flood safety tips to before, during, and after flood you can apply to protect your house and your family. Good luck.
Image credit: roomlinker.com