The question about when or how a house becomes home is recently often heard. The increasing number of new families who occupy new houses do not make this question common. You can take a little time to imagine the personality of the building where you rest every night because, of course, each house has its own characteristics.
The characteristics of a house must be mixed with the characteristics of the family members living there. It would seem strange. However, if you try it, you will be surprised at what you find. There is a house that looks mysterious, unique, warm, and there is also the sweet one. Well, what about the personality of your house?
Character is not only owned by the building where you live. Your environment also has its own nuances. Here are several things you should do to make your house feel like a home:
- The natural, social, and economic characters of every place is different. You need to adapt yourself with your house environment.
- You need to try to explore the area around your house. In this way, you really get to know the neighborhood and feel like being at home.
- Go back into your house. Move and adjust the position of furniture to suit your needs and preferences. If you buy a second house, change the settings of space in it. This will make you more connected to home.
- Do not forget to clean the indoor air of dust. Moreover, remove also any items of the previous owner. Have your house, not only legally, but also in your heart.
- Allowing the previous owners characteristics remain living in your own house will make it difficult to adapt in the house. Use your favorite air freshener, cook the cuisine you like, planting flowers with your favorite fragrance, plug your music, as well as provide a scenery as you desire.
- Decorating the interior does not mean only selecting and arranging furniture. Also decorate the walls with memorable photos, artwork, and other embellishments. Use photos of your family, as well as the items that you brought home from the trip.
- Lastly, create new memories in the house. Set family gatherings, social gathering, or birthday party in your new house.
Those are what you need to do to make your house really became home for you and your family.
Image credit: garyvanwyk.com